Declutter



declutter /diːˈklʌtə/: remove unnecessary items from (an untidy or overcrowded place).
Last weekend, I just did some decluttering. Actually, it has been quite some time since I decided to do some decluttering. I take it slow but eventually, things start to pile up but it doesn't really feel good. Last year I bought a chest drawer. I tried to reduce the things I have. I have unused books ready to be donated, clothes, shawls, bags, accessories to give it away but I don't know days after days, weeks after weeks things staying there and not moving. So last weekend I decided I'm gonna get rid of these things. I just knew that we can donate our books to the public library. They will reselect the books and if the books can't be put on the library shelf they will give to NGO. This is really good for people like me. I still have my own collection. The book that I really love and still not ready to let go. I put it in the boxes since I don't have a bookshelf to put them. I also managed to sort my papers out. I don't think I will need all the articles I printed for my thesis or the questionnaire for my psychoeducation program. I sort it out and manage to sell it to the recycling center. I am so happy to do that. I still have my shawls and clothes to give away. I can't do all in one weekend. It's okay. I guess February will be a month of decluttering. 

Talking about decluttering. It is not easy. I had a conversation with my colleagues about how us woman like to buy and collect things that we actually don't need. I know myself very well. I like to keep sentimental items. Some items I don't even know I keep for which decade. But it's an overwhelming feeling to look at back all the memories. I received a lot of letters before. It is good to be remembered as someone who loved. It is good to look back at the good memories I had. I can see how much I grow. It is also funny how people change. I guess we just grow up and it is totally fine. I found my old diary from 2011. I find my old goals. I laugh at my old writing. I cherish those memories but I still decide it is time to let go. Last weekend, finally I decided to let things go. You can keep all the memories inside you. Sure I take a few pictures. Which maybe if I forget I still can look at the pictures. I let go of a lot of things this past weekend. I still keep some but it is also good to finally learn to let things go. I want to be more organize and minimalist. If I find it hard to let things go I always tell myself that I'm gonna die one day and where all the things go? People will just throw it away. So I better do it now at least it is easier for other people later. I feel really good to have more space. To appreciate things whatever you have and make the best out of it. Over the years I learn that you still can be happy even when you have less. It is hard to feel enough but eventually, you will know what is the meaning of having less is more. I have more space for my mind and my heart. Don't be afraid to let go.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jumpa orang baik-baik pun rezeki.

Persediaan Ke Universiti (UKM, Kolej Keris Mas) Sesi 2015/2016

UPU : TIPS & TRICKS, GUIDELINE; STPM/SPM/ASASI/MATRIKS/DIPLOMA - IJAZAH